Positive Behaviour Support & Physical Interventions Training Course
This course enables participants to understand, monitor and manage verbal and physical aggression in the workplace. There will be an initial 3-day course comprising of first day theory presentation followed 2 days of practical assessment. Which includes personal safety (breakaway techniques) and de-escalation and scenario based training.
The final day culminates with seated restraint and floor restraint including scenario based evaluations.
All physical intervention training is delivered inline with the Restraint Reduction Network (RRN) and BILD guidelines and standards.
- Legislation & Policies and Guidelines
- Understanding challenging behaviours
- Positive Behavioural support awareness training
- Preventative strategies
- Violence and Aggression Cycle
- Time intensity cycle – Rational and emotional cycles.
- Monitoring and Medical interventions
- Breakaway Techniques and personal safety (practical)
- Dynamic risk assessing including de-escalation skills assessment.
- Physical intervention techniques (practical)
Cost: From £175 per delegate, 3-days, 1st day theory, 2nd and 3rd days practical assessment.
Please Contact us to discuss your needs
HealthCare Academi Cymru are part of an award-winning organisation based in Cardiff. All our expert facilitators have recognised and accredited training qualifications and experience within the healthcare sector.
As part of our quality control all our facilitators update their CPD annually or when needed to ensure they are up-to-date and fully compliant with current regulations.
We pride ourselves on providing quality training at cost effective prices and would be happy to discuss your Prevention & Management of Violence & Aggression training needs.